the latest arty news from me...

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Inspiring exhibitions: The First Cut, Manchester Art Gallery

Recently I visited Manchester Art Gallery for a mooch at their latest exhibition I had heard about...I bloody love it, and will be going again very soon for a thorough look round!

Impressive as soon as I walked in, I liked pretty much all of it.  Being a fan of paper art, silhouettes and cutting skills it was right up my street, especially as I am so bad with knives, scissors, and any sharp objects myself.

Not only this, but the themes were very similar to those in my own work.  Dream worlds, forest and skeleton ridden!!!

Here are ( very poor, sorry!) photos of my fave pieces:


 Silhouette layering swoons of Andrea Dezsö


Skeleton A4 paper cuts of Peter Callesen


Lovely lettering of Sarah Bridgeland (not my photo)


And finally, the biggest surprise of all was discovering at the end that one of my favourite Artists, Kara Walker, was exhibiting. I love everything about her work. 

For more information on The First Cut exhibition go to:

GO AND SEE IT XX



No comments:

Post a Comment