the latest arty news from me...

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My secrets (somewhat) revealed!


In case anybody ever wondered, here are a couple of examples of how my paintings progress. 

The first example is a piece of work that  I created without having a complete idea of how I wanted the end composition in my head, which is how I usually work.  Sorry there are only two stages to this, the bits I'd thought out, then there was a break where I stared at it for a while and decided what to do, and next you see what that was, haha.

Secondly is a commission piece I made for a wedding gift.  This was quite thoroughly planned compositionally, although I hadn't fully planned the style I would paint it in.


There you have it, I hope it was at least of some interest! x




No comments:

Post a Comment